Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

To say I'm glad to see 2010 gone might be the single largest understatement I've ever made. On a personal level it has been a trying and faith testing year.

The hardest part being that I have lost a son-in-law and my dear friends husband all in the last year. Of course this finds me struggling with my happy nature.

I still love my job but this year I have helped several families make final arrangements for their loved ones, that have found me grieving with them as well. On one hand I think my compassion is what makes me so good at my job but on the other it is draining me as well.

This has put me in a rather fragile frame of mind and I find my "pitcher" being very empty at this point.

I know it is up to me alone to find a way to refill the pitcher. I have come up with some ideas (I hate the word resolution) to make some changes.

1. Read Bible daily.
2. Prayer each morning and each night.
3. Create and read positive affirmations daily.
4. Spend more quality time with H.
a. Try to do date night at least twice a month.
5. Make time for friends.
6. Eat at least 3 fruits and vegetables each day.
7. Move at least 3 times a week.
a. Walk with Toni.
b. Walk with Jenn.
c. Walk with Janet.
8. Sort and organize my closets. (Could literally take months, I have three overflowing)
a. No purchases without something removed.
b. Begin to phase out black, replacing with brown as a base.
9. Commit to sewing at least 3 times a week.
a. Join 12 Jackets in 12 Months @ Stitchers Guild
b. Put more brown and coordinates for brown in my wardrobe.
10. Make one new piece of jewelry each month.
11. Finish one home decorating project each month.
12. Tackle (and I do say this literally) one room every other month.
13. Read more books, watching less TV.

I know this sounds pretty lofty but I feel like I have to make some major changes or find myself completely burning out in my professional level.

So off now to make some "Grand Plans"

Toodles,
Wendy

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Wendy - I am so sorry to read of your losses this past year. I hope 2011 will be a better year. I think your list of things to do this year are wonderful!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.