Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sunsets & Brights

Well I have fiddled and fiddled while recovering from surgery and this is what I hope is my final draft for swap. I know some may think the plan isn't exciting but it meets the contest rules, my personal requirements, and most importantly my style. I mean what good are 11 pieces you aren't going to wear?
My personal requirements are as follows:
1.) It must consist of pieces I will actually wear. I have a very active job that may require me to sit on the floor, climb a ladder, etc so everything needs to be comfortable. Then there is the heat factor, living in Texas of course summer is HOT, but our store is so under-air conditioned that I have to wear sleeveless just to function. At the same time I always take a blouse (in place of jacket) with me because I never know when I might get sent out into the community for something or another.
2.) To finish the swap, mainly because I seem to have lost my personal sewing spirit. I do crafts, gifts, and such but when it comes to something for me I end up not doing what I love to do....SEW!
3.) It needs to coordinate with pieces I already I have.

So this is what I finally ended up with.
1.) Jacket~Red Tencel~Butterick #3886 view B, must slightly lengthen
2.) Bottom~White Rayon~Cutting Line One Seams
3.) Bottom~Yellow Rayon~Cutting Line One Seams
4.) Bottom~Red Tencel~Cutting Line One Seams
5.) Bottom~Oyster Trousers~Bob Mackie~Purchased (need to shorten)
6.) Top~Sunset Stripe~Butterick #3886 view B, must slightly lengthen
7.) Top~Sunset Floral~ Simplicity #7189 view C
8.) Top~Sunset Fashion Print~Butterick #3886 view B, must slightly lengthen
9.) Top~White Rayon~Simplicity #7189 view C~reversible (0ne side will be embellished)
10.) Top~Yellow Rayon~Petite Plus #101 view D
11.) Top~Red Tencel~Petite Plus #101 view D

By only using four patterns I still feel like I can pull this off. Considering I have no TNT's I had to start somewhere and this seems somewhat realistic.

For those who may wonder what SWAP is I have included a link to Julie Timmel's site which has pictures from last year, this year's rules, and several articles about the original concept. timmelfabrics

No comments: